4/07/2006

Geocaching!

The cliff where we had lunch
Devil's KitchenSoldier's Pass Trail
click all to enlarge
I have found a new passion! Geocaching! Henry's been geocaching off and on for about 3 years in Alaska, and I never was too interested. Probably because of cold and snow, but now we are in a warmer climate, and what fun searching for caches based on Lat and Long coordinates! You can hike and search at the same time! I bought my own GPS unit and got my own backpack, loaded with all my own goodies. I have found 2 caches right here in the park we live in, and the photos above are part of our search for a 'virtual' cache. It was quite the view! We had our lunch on the edge of a cliff (literally).
The next post will be of Chimney Rock, our 2 mile hike UP, and the discovery of a multi-cache totalling 4. For the curious minded, like myself, searching and finding what someone else has hidden is pretty exhilirating!

No comments: