5/20/2006

Maybe It IS a Jeep thing

The jeep is on its way to being 'beefed' up. Henry's been spending lots of time reading, studying and thinking about how and when he's going to lift it, change it and make it THE jeep.
The temperature in Sedona has been in the 90's almost every day, which is above average for May. A little warm for hiking a trail with no shade, but that's exactly what we did last week. I was insistent that we go hiking; Henry knew it was too warm; but away we went. About a mile into it, I was exhausted. We stopped frequently so I could rest, and we eventually hiked the 3 miles. But, boy, was it warm!
Next week, I just need to choose a trail that has plenty of shade...and maybe along the creek. Henry says we're going to hike A.B. Young trail, which is rated 'strenuous', has 33 switchbacks and climbs 2000 feet in just 2 miles. No problem!
Oh, and I saw my first scorpion! It was inside the visitor center where I work. Lucky for me, a customer was kind enough to kill it for me.
Friends of ours, Padraic and Willie, who are also fulltimers, were in the Sedona area. So, we met them in uptown Sedona and had a great time! They are our age, have been fulltiming for about 6 years and still loving it. She works from 'home', with the internet and her cell phone. He does the cooking and life is good.
That's it from Sedona this week.


No comments: