7/11/2006

Ya just never know..

We returned last Friday to work, and within a few hours were closed down.
The Forest Service decided it was too dangerous to keep the visitor's Center open.

The fire had burned the area just above the Visitor Center, and now that the 'monsoon' season is here, falling rocks, landslides and flash floods are very likely. Once again, we are sent home. This means the entire maintenance crew and myself. It is likely this closure will last until Labor Day.

Our boss offered Henry to work fulltime (he's been working just 24 hrs a week), and he offered me a position at Slide Rock Market, 3 days a week. So, maintenance has relocated operations to Crescent Moon (which is where we are), and they have plenty of work. Henry will be working 4 days a week. I worked Sunday at the market 'training' and officially start my 27 hr. week tomorrow. Of course it is all just temporary until probably Labor Day, at which time we go back to our original hours.

Like I said, Ya just never know. I will be able to add lots to my resume! Making ice cream cones, hot dogs on the hot dog machine, filling the nacho machine with cheese.....fun stuff! The cash register and sales I've already been doing at the Visitor Center, so it should be an easy transition.

The best part is, the trails are open for hiking, the jeep roads are open for 4 wheeling!!!!! I cannot wait to get out again!

No comments: