12/20/2006

1st Year Anniversary!

As of January 3rd, we will have been fulltiming for one year! The time has flown by, and it has been 12 months of wonderful!

For any of you who were thinking, but never gutsy enough to tell us, 'you are crazy for even doing this': We say, "Tell it to the other almost 3 million fulltimers out there. Guess we're all crazy."

Do we miss having a 'sticks and brick' house? No way!
Do we miss having a 40-60 hours/week job? Yeah, right.
Are we going nuts living in almost 400 square feet? Nope. It actually is more than we need.
Are we getting on each other's nerves in such tight quarters? No. Our marriage is the best its ever been.

If there is one valuable thing I have learned from this experience, I would have to say it confirms what I've felt all along. We don't need all the material things in our life to be happy. Money, new cars and big fancy houses just don't do it.

It's unfortunate that some, even in my family, feel they need to have material things in their life or they don't feel important. They believe if they have cars, houses, fancy furniture and mvp status with airlines, that everyone will treat them with class and know that they are someone. Problem is, they are only 'someone' in their own minds.

The fact is, nobody really cares WHAT you have or where you've been, and they certainly don't care WHO you are.

What is important begins with your heart, God, your family.

With a New Year approaching, if I had only one wish; I would wish for my brother in law to be able to have a meal with my husband.

I already have everything else I need. A God who saved me, a husband who loves and adores me, wonderful children and grandchildren, healthy parents.

3 comments:

HB said...

Thank you Terri! Come, join us!

Hope you and Mike had a great Christmas.

Anonymous said...

You two have what most people wish they had but do not: happiness, pride, self-acceptance, compassion for others, self-reliance, one whole lot of graciousness and class, and happy well-adjusted children and grandchildren. I would imagine that you may come under fire and draw criticism from those who feel threatened by and jealous of your positive characteristics, lack of pretension, and the lack of a need to lean upon materialism and so-called "status" to be recognized, accepted and loved. You two are loved and admired because you are kind and fun people, terrific friends, honest, intelligent, and have huge hearts.

You both have already have worked hard and achieved success and recognition professionally, as parents, as children, and as friends. We applaud you as your journey through the next creative and admirable chapter of your life.

By the way, I recently ran into your daughter. What a gracious, beautiful, and intelligent young lady you raised!

Congratulations. We wish you continued happiness and good health in 2007 and beyond.
.

HB said...

Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. I especially appreciate the comments about our kids and grandkids. I love hearing compliments about my kids! We are very proud of them!
Cindy