3/19/2008

Tibial Plateau Fracture

Yesterday morning I went for an MRI and they called that evening with the results. Now they want to do a CT Scan as the MRI indicates a possible Tibular Plateau Fracture, in layman terms that means a possible fracture of the shin bone. From what I have read on the internet, there are three treatment methods depending on the location of the fracture. A long leg body cast, which could mean four months in a cast (goodbye summer!), putting a rod in the leg, or plates and screws. None of the three sound very pleasant to me. This all truly sucks!

I never even wanted to go to the training thing, why did I? If I had not gone, I would not be layed up, unable to walk, and I would most likely be working at the market down the street, which is what I REALLY wanted anyway! I vow from here on out, to NEVER do anything I don't want to do, no matter what. No more trying to appease someone, no more trying to please someone. If I really really do NOT want to do something it's not going to happen.

Now, I am not bringing in any income, am causing more work for my husband and, it is not fair to BlackJack who would like to go on his long walks and play outside. Instead, we are both cooped up inside for who knows how long. This is not just affecting me, and that is what bothers me the most.

I know, it could be worse. I know that lots of people are far worse off than I am, and I certainly am thankful for the good health I have.

No comments: