6/27/2008

Knee Injury Update

Okay, it has been 3 1/2 months since that lady fell off the horse and I cushioned her fall. Why didn't I just step away and let HER hit the ground??

The doctor had a second MRI done, which according to him, everything looks fine. So, as of a week ago, he has me walking without the crutches. He has also referred me to a Psyiatrist. I had to look it up, because have never heard of a psyiatrist. Anyway, they are a rehabilitation and pain management doctor. They specialize in teaching people with disabilities to learn to live with their disability. So, does that mean my doctor is ruling me 'disabled'? This is my life now? This is as good as it gets....so learn to live with it?

I am not really sure and won't jump to any hasty conclusions until I see the psyiatrist....which as I found out today will not be until August 7th! Reason being: the original psyiatrist cannot see me because she is not contracted with the insurance company, so I will be seeing someone else...but not till Aug. 7th.

Still going to physical therapy 3 days a week. What a slow process that is. To give you an idea. When I started therapy well over 6 weeks ago, my leg extension was measured at -10 degrees, and my 'bending' measured at 90 degrees. Today, leg extension is -8 degrees, and 'bending' at 100 degrees. (My good leg bends at 155 degrees - good leg extension should be zero degrees).

It's a little hard to walk when the bad leg is basically shorter than the good leg, considering it is 'bent'. But, walk I'm trying to do.

This has got to be the most frustrating thing ever. I know, it could be worse. But like I said, I should have stepped away from the horse and let that chick hit the ground! Word of advice to everyone: ALWAYS listen to your instincts. Everything that day told me to NOT GO to that horse farm. I didn't want to go, had no desire to go, but 'go' I did. And here I am today.

It has cost us money....we have spent more than the insurance company so far. Between lost wages for my husband, medical expenses denied by the insurance company and taxi fares to and from therapy.....not to mention the money I could have been earning, because I would have been working for the past 3 1/2 months.

Anyway, that is the long and short of it.

No comments: