4/18/2009

Apology After Apology

Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of our president jetting around the world and making apologies for America! His comments speak for themselves and are pretty telling...

In Obama's opening speech at this weekend's summit he said the following:

"We have at times been disengaged, and at times we sought to dictate our terms," Obama said to loud applause. "But I pledge to you that we seek an equal partnership. There is no senior partner and junior partner in our relations."

And this...

"I'm grateful that President Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old," (always about you, isn't it?) Obama said, to laughter and applause from the other leaders.

And more...
"The United States seeks a new beginning with Cuba," he said at the Summit of the Americas opening ceremony. "I know there is a longer journey that must be traveled to overcome decades of mistrust, but there are critical steps we can take toward a new day."

Yet again.. (BO's address to the Turkish Parliament)

"Another issue that confronts all democracies as they move to the future is how we deal with the past. The United States is still working through some of our own darker periods."

I throw this one in just because it really ticks me off!
"And we will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over so many centuries to shape the world for the better (Islam has shaped the world for the better???!! Are you kidding me!)� including my own country. (uh...remember 9/11?!) The United States has been enriched by Muslim Americans.(how's that??!!) Many other Americans have Muslims in their family, or have lived in a Muslim-majority country � I know, because I am one of them." (one of them, as in...a Muslim? yeah.)

No comments: