5/16/2011

Love Walgreen's!

Maybe if you click on the image to enlarge, it may be readable

Total cost-$4.05




Yesterday we picked up the Sunday paper so I could grab all the coupons and check out the weekly deals at Walgreen's and CVS. Henry likes the TV guide, so we pulled it out, and pretty much the rest of the paper is trash. What a waste of paper....or trees, right? In a progressive's world anyway,not in mine.
So, I found the deals on items I needed, cut the coupons to go along, and off I went. I mentioned the mayonnaise special under 'Deals', and today I was able to take advantage of it. Walgreen's had the Hefty ziploc bags at a buy one, get one free...and I had a $1.00 off coupon I'd been waiting to use, so it worked great. The M&M's were on sale at .39 cents each, so Henry can satisfy his sweet tooth, plus I needed two filler items. I was using 2 Register Rewards and 4 coupons, but only had 4 items, so I was short two items. At Walgreen's the 'filler items' can be anything at any price, hence the M&M's at .39 cents each.
Bottom line....I saved $16.29 and spent just $4.05. I'm getting the hang of it!

No comments: