6/15/2011

Hunger Games And Game Seven






Sometimes, I'm not sure where our daughter gets her energy from. She's always going in several directions at once and with diverse interests in many things, it's amazing she has time to even relax. Her most recent passion is the Bruins. (Hockey team). Tonight is game seven. Seven is her lucky number. Always has been. She was born in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day in 1987...as luck would have it, every number associated with her always has a seven in it. (lucky her).
Back to the Bruins. She is an avid fan...no, scratch that. She is an obsessive fan. To show her support, she wears their colors, black and gold on game nights. She plans the appropriate snacks and beverages to enjoy during the game....and actually, I seriously wonder if her laryngitis from two weeks ago had anything to do with shouting that came from her when the Bruins played.
Tonight is game SEVEN for the Bruins and I can be sure she will be watching. (her dad will most likely be watching....and texting her during the game).  GO BRUINS!

Hunger Games. Her second passion as of lately. Hunger Games is book number one of a trilogy by Suzanne Collins. She had been bugging me to buy the books so we can 'discuss' them. After her relentless pleading, I finally bought them and am in the middle of the first one. She warned me I would love it, and was she ever right! It's like reading the future of America. An absolutely fabulous story. I haven't had as much time as I would like to sit and read lately, but I am enjoying The Hunger Games!

1 comment:

Seven said...

Aww :) Well, I think I get my obsessiveness from dad. He always has to have something to be obsessing over, as do I.
However, how can you not love the Bruins? They are truly amazing. Amazing!

Read Hunger Games :)