7/13/2011

Pet Peeves

Things that annoy us. It could be something people do, or something they say. Could be the littlest thing that bothers only you. Could be the biggest pet peeve of all pet peeves that annoys tons of people.

I'm pretty sure everyone has at least one. Me? I've got several. Just ask Henry. I believe he knows every single one of mine, and the list is not short. Here goes:

  1. When in the grocery store and someone parks their cart in the middle of the aisle.
  2. When in the grocery store and two people are parked in the aisle talking.
  3. Dog owners that do not clean up after their dogs.
  4. Stepping on gum that someone rudely dropped in the parking lot.
  5. Misspelled words. (this one is a huge pet peeve of mine)
  6. Receiving misinformation not once, but twice, from the same company.
  7. Being seated in a near empty restaurant right smack dab next to another party, with a baby.
  8. Driving in an unknown area with road construction and following detour signs that suddenly stop.
  9. Talking to liberals. The lights are on, but clearly nobody is home.
  10. Canceling a service and waiting up to 8 weeks for the refund.
  11. Buying meat only to realize when you're cooking dinner that the meat is bad.
  12. Hypocrites.
  13. Waiting an hour in the waiting room at the doctor's office, only to wait another hour in the exam room.
  14. Standing in line at a restaurant to pay the bill. This should NEVER happen.
  15. People that think they know everything. They've seen it all and done it all.
  16. People that have been to Alaska one time and are instantly the expert.
  17. Did I mention misspelled words?
  18. Women with young babies in the hot sun that don't cover the child's head.
  19. Parents that constantly yell at their children.
  20. Goodness, I can't think of anymore.
Yup. I said it wasn't short. Maybe I should work on not letting some of these bother me.
Oops. Just thought of one more.
I hate when you say 'hello' or wave to someone and they just look at you. Hmmm. That one might be a bigger irritant than misspelled words. No. No. The misspelled words is a biggie.

1 comment:

Seven said...

Oops! I promised you I'd add on and I forgot! I'm sorry :(
Here's a few of mine:
1. City buses- Stopping an entire lane of traffic is ridiculous. All city buses should have pullouts. You can use my tax dollars for that.

2. When people can't figure out the difference between your and you're. Same goes with their/ they're and there.

3. People at the airport who congregate in the middle of the walk way to talk.

4. Waiting at a restaurant for someone to help you and yet somehow, all workers avoid eye contact.

I have more, but I'd have to think on them