7/12/2011

Scare Tactics

My, my, my. Raise the debt ceiling or Social Security checks and Veteran's checks may not go out on time.
In his own words:

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3 if we haven't resolved this issue, because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Obama said in an interview scheduled to air on the CBS Evening News Tuesday evening.
"This is not just a matter of Social Security checks," Obama said. "These are veterans checks, these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out."

HEY! Wait one minute! Is he saying 'they' have spent the money in the lock box. i.e. Social Security???
Nooooo, that cannot be. *total sarcasm.*

No worries though. Bernanke also came out today and strongly suggested the possibility of another stimulus.

That's my rant for today.

On the lighter side, just a little over two weeks until we close on the condo. and can move in. Woo hoo!!
Still no buyer for the motorhome, so I guess she'll be going into storage for now. I get emails and phone calls from lots of people about the coach, and then they make a ridiculous low offer and say that's all they can do. Next phone call I get like that I'm going to tell them perhaps they should be looking at a Winnebago. For the most part, people that inquire do not know anything about Country Coach, and then we get the few that say, 'well, you know, it's over that 100k mile mark'.  ----It's a DIESEL ENGINE. 117k is nothing.
Quite frustrating. We will continue to bump the ads up and hopefully someone will come along with money and some common sense.




No comments: