9/20/2011

Etsy Finds

I know my daughter visits Etsy's site frequently and has purchased several items from different sellers.
Last week I decided to check them out for myself. The site can be a bit overwhelming at first...well, it was for me, anyway. I don't do well with too many choices, so that's probably why.
However, I made use of their search engine, typed in 'fabric coasters', and up popped waaayyy too many choices. So, I narrowed the search to 'yellow coasters'. Much better. Long story short, I found the perfect coasters, set of 4, just $10.00. $1.95 shipping, and they arrived yesterday. I couldn't be happier.
Like Amanda said, you can find inexpensive, handmade, custom made items that will be original, plus you are helping a fellow American in their business. No 'made in China' crap. Okay, so here's three items I like:

Dog Dishes! I will order Jack's without the polka dots, but aren't these super cute? I love the words 'eat' and 'drink' at the bottom of each bowl.

Okay, this is an old dough bowl. Just so happens, the seller lives in Texas. I saw a new version at Williams-Sonoma for $165.00. Ouch! This one is much cheaper and is the real deal. I want Henry to drill a hole in it so I can hang it on my pot rack.  A touch of rustic for the kitchen.

I absolutely LOVE this little bowl, and only wish it were much larger in size. The lettering on it comes from an old ledger book and is an order for various yards of fabric.  The mustard color caught my eye! I may email the seller and ask if she could make a larger one.

No comments: