9/07/2011

Getting A Texas Driver's License

Oh my! Henry went yesterday to register and get the tags for the BMW...he also filled out the application for his Texas driver's license and planned to do both at the same time. Oops. That's when he learned that vehicle registrations and driver's licenses are done at completely separate locations. Not in the same building. Not across the street. Nope. Totally different address.
He registered the car, after an hour of waiting.

Today, he went to the DMV office for his license. After waiting one hour, he thought 'geez. well, I'll give it more time.' ......and hour and a half into it, he continues to wait. Two hours later, he's thinking 'are you kidding me!! Really should not leave, because I've already wasted 2 hours.' ......so he waits, and waits, and waits.

THREE hours later, it's his turn.  Ridiculous! He's still not home yet, but just called to say he's finishing up a few things at the office, then he proceeded to tell me about his fun at DMV. Can't wait to find out how long it took after getting to the window. He did say though that with about 11 windows, only 3 were open. So typical, right?

Boy, I am so excited now about going to get my license!! not.

No comments: