9/10/2011

Good Intentions

Well, I thought it was a good idea. I have a $25.00 gift certificate to the House of Blues, a restaurant/music place in uptown Dallas, and it's only 8 miles from the condo......Friday night, dinner, somewhere different....might be fun. I even checked out their website online to view the menu, check the prices and get their hours.
Traffic in Dallas on a Friday evening....eek! We got to the restaurant and saw two signs:
Valet parking $15.00
Self park: $10.00.....what??!! --Fortunately there was metered parking on the street and a place to park. We plugged the meter with $2.00 for 2 hours and walked over to the restaurant..only to watch a line of people form.
They weren't waiting to have dinner, they were in line because the restaurant was closed for a private event. Now, do you think their website might have mentioned that? Would have been helpful. -
Lucky for us, there are lots of other places to eat right there, and not wanting to waste my $2.00 in the meter, we walked across the street to a pizza place....that just happened to be dog friendly. (we sat outside on the patio) The pizza was okay, but expensive. All in all, had I known we'd end up eating pizza, I'd rather have ordered in and stayed home. We were actually 'out' at night, in the dark. I can't remember the last time that was the case.

No comments: