10/12/2011

Wind and Rain

Nothing like being awoken by earth shattering thunder, preceded by lightning that filled the 4:00 a.m. sky. Not to mention the wind that carried in the rain. Good morning!
We keep the curtains drawn in the bedroom, but because the entire wall from floor to ceiling is windows, and the room is almost 17 feet in length, being startled awake with thunder, and annoyed with a wall of light, might as well just get up and start the day.
Poor Jack. Like most dogs, he has no use for thunder, lightning, wind, rain or hail, so at the sound of the first clap of thunder he was out from under the covers to see what the heck was going on. At the sound of the wind and rain that followed he decided he had better stick close to Mom or Dad, whichever one was the furthest from the sight and sounds coming from outside. Dogs are so funny. Jack thinks he is so tough when he's around other dogs, (despite the fact that most every dog on the planet is bigger than he is), but then the sound of thunder or the blowing wind has him scared to death. Perhaps it's just the things he cannot see that frighten him. Well, hopefully, this storm will move out quickly.

Henry and I are finally making use of the fitness center in the building. He is trying to lose weight, and I am trying to tone up.....I guess. So, I rode 7 miles on the bicycle. That's it. That's all I did my first time. I've never been a fan of exercising, but I guess I will give it a go. I think he rode 5 miles and then he checked out the treadmill and free weights. All I can say is, good thing American Pickers was on the TV screen.

No comments: