1/10/2012

False Prophet

Do you know who this guy is?  Joel Osteen. A 'minister', and I use the term loosely, with millions of followers...err, should I say 'donors'.

The first time I watched this guy was back in November of 2006. The people we were visiting were faithful viewers of Osteen, so Henry and I sat in their living room with them and watched this clown perform.

Now, I am a self admitted, proud God fearing, Bible believing woman, and from the second he opened his mouth, his silver tongue started working its magic for all the ignorant. His cheesy smile and beady eyes, coupled with the warm and fuzzy words just oozed fake....at least to me. Unfortunately, not for our friend. She LOVES the guy and buys right into his 'I'm okay, you're okay and we're all going to heaven' rhetoric.

Okay, sorry. I say all of that, to say this. Today he appeared on Oprah Winfreys show and she pressed him by asking if he believes homosexuals will go to heaven. Instead of answering with truth in scripture, GE replied just as any wolf in sheeps clothing would:

“Will a gay person be accepted into heaven, as you see it?,” Oprah asked the famed pastor. “I believe they will,” he responded. ”Sometimes we look at gay being a bigger sin than being proud or not telling the truth. I don’t think God categorizes sins.”

Truth is, Mr. Osteen, unless the homosexual, the sinner, repents of his sin, his final destination will most definitely, without a doubt, be Hell!  Why didn't he answer according to God's word? Easy answer.  Mr. Osteen tells people what they want to hear, and what people want to hear is that everyone is going to heaven as long as they're good.



No comments: