4/13/2012

Your Fair Share, please

Hilda Solis, labor secretary, had this to say yesterday:

“That’s why he’s putting forward an agenda that says he wants to see an America, an America that helps every single one of us. Not those that are privileged, not those that can afford fancy lawyers and lobbyists but people, everyday people.”

“An America, as he says it, that is built to last for every single one of us and our children and our grandchildren,” she added.

The Labor Secretary continued:

President Obama has said that in the face of our challenges we’re going to have to answer a central question as a country: can we succeed as a country where a shrinking number of people do increasingly well while a growing number struggle to get by?

Or are we better off when everyone gets a fair shot and everyone does their fair share and everyone plays by the same rules?

That is what is at the heart of this national debate that the president has brought us into –and the other side of the aisle — because this is where we know we have to go. We have to have this discussion.

[...]

So I want to ask you if you’re going to help us march again. I want to ask you if you’re going to help us organize and I want to make sure that we’re accountable and that we are out there and that we not just fire ourselves up, you know, get excited, but I mean that we give it all that we got.

“We’re better off when everyone gets a fair shot,” she said.

~~~~~~

I read the above a few times, because there are several Messages in her carefully chosen words. Notice she used the 'American built to last' catchy slogan? Hey, That's Ford's slogan, but one the Ovomit admin. is considering as their campaign slogan.

I am tired of hearing 'everyone should get a fair shot, everyone should do their fair share' rhetoric. But then they slam the rich.

If the 49% of Americans that do not pay one dime of taxes, ever, would do their fair share, and PAY TAXES....then I might listen. Until that time. I just wish they would shut up!

Many of these 49%, are the ones collecting welfare benefits....our tax dollars. I have worked since I was 16 years old, and have never, ever been on, applied for, or accepted any benefits, of any kind. There was a time when I would have qualified for some benefits, such as WIC, when our daughter was an infant, but I never considered it. Pride, probably. I don't have a problem with people receiving benefits for a short time until they can get on their feet. What I do have a problem with are the freeloaders who are collecting every conceivable benefit available, while they kick back on their couch and keep having kids.

Her comment referring to a 'growing number struggling to get by' really fries my bacon! People are struggling to get by because there are NO jobs!

Her last comments are the real message. We have heard these words before...in 2008, remember? Fired up. Ready to go. Organize. March.

They are planting the seeds. My guess is, as soon as the GOP announces Romney as the nominee, the Obama admin. will be fired up and ready to attack.






 

No comments: